Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What must it have been like?



I find myself thinking this time of year about the journey
Joseph and Mary took to Bethlehem so long ago. If I
remember right it took almost 6 days for them to get there.
She was nine months pregnant!!!!!!! How on earth did
she ride a donkey for 6 days at nine months pregnant.
Maybe this hits close to home this year b/c of Myra's
recent birth and knowing how uncomfortable I was those
last couple months. I was uncomfortable in my lazy boy,
I can't imagine riding a donkey, and for SIX days straight.
What an amazing woman she must have been. What an
obedient woman, a woman of great faith, that she would
trust God through all He had planned for her. I know I
need to strive to be more like Mary, to trust my God and
to be obedient to His calling for my life. I just love this time
of year, what CHRISTmas represents and what it means to
all christians. I wish you many blessings this Christmas and
urge you to keep CHRIST in Christmas!!

1 comments:

Darcy Carmichael said...

We just talked about this Sunday at church. I have a lot of respect for her because I can't imagine doing it!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

By the way, I love the new format for the blog. It's beautiful!