


Last Friday, the day I left for the UP fishing, I got up to go into work for a couple of hours first. As I was leaving, I went to our dumpster to throw in a couple of bags of trash. As I pulled up to the dumpster, I saw some garbage laying on the ground around it. Then, as I looked around, there was garbage, we're talking full bags taken out and ripped open and strewn abouth through the woods for about a 100 yard stretch. I was real happy, to say the least to have to pick up about7 bags of garbage out of the woods at 7 am. As I was putting the last of the gabage back in the dumpster, I knew who the cuplrit was, I could see bear prints on the side of my dumpster. That took a little bit of sting out of picking up trash, knowing it was bear, I thought that was kind of cool. Anyway, I was at work yet about 10:30am, (greasing wheel bearing from following post) and my wife, Sue, called , all excited because the bear was at the dumpster again. She quick got a few pictures before our dogs barking scared it off. So, I quick threw my trail camera up by the dumpster before I left for the UP, thinking it could possibly be back again while I was gone. Sure enough, when I talked to Sue Friday night after we got up north, she said the bear came back about 9 pm and was there for about1/2 hour. She was able to video tape it for quite awhile, standing outside about 80 yrds away to do it no less, what a woman. We also got some pictures from the trail cam too, although the timing at night and the light conditions(partial light out yet getting dark) made some of the trail cam pictures hard to see good. The bear hasn't been back since then, which I'm okay with. I like having had it around to see, but I really don't want to pick up garbage every morning.



0 comments:
Post a Comment