Well, after much debate and procrastinating, I decided at the last minute, 11pm Thursday night to join my Dad, nephew, and brothers (including one brother no-good-in-law from Illinois - In case you didn't catch that, it's from the Yoopers 2nd Week at Deer Camp) anyway, join them in our try to make annual fishing weekend. For the past several years, we have camped at Vagabond Campground and fished for walleyes on Little Bay de Noc near Rapid River, about 2 hours west of St. Ignace. Well, as I said, I decided late Thursday night to go and was hoping to be on the road by noonish Friday. But anybody who knows me, knows that if I am going to do something, somethings are going to go wrong or at least not real smooth. So, Friday, I get the boat I am borrowing about 10am, my brother Matt & I regrease the wheel bearings on the trailer. Done - 2 hours later. Noon! I also have to replace a live well pump on the boat that goes through the hull of the boat. No problem. Another 1 hour job, resealed everything & done. Well, I haven't packed yet. So, I throw everything I think I will need together quickly, load the boat & truck, & get on the road around 4:30, close to noon!!! Well, about an hour in the trip, Matt asks "Got your fishing lisence?" Of course not, its sitting on my dresser at home. Anyway, going down US 2, my battery light starts coming on. Oh well, truck's still running good. Next morning, hoping to get fishing right away, launch the boat.... leak at the live well pump, internal seal on pump is bad. So reload the boat, run into Rapid River, get tube of silicon and goop the seals, fittings, and everywhere it attaches to the boat. Relaunch the boat, now about 1 pm, no leak. We're finally fishing. Pick my truck up at the launch at night, doesn't start, battery is dead. Jump it and get back to camp. Sunday, go to take my truck to breakfast, dead. Go fishing, run to town and get new batteries, go fishing and finally slay some walleyes Sunday evening. Boy, did that feel good. Anyway, I know all that stuff just helps make the trips more memorable.
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment