Thursday, January 24, 2008

Our Youth Group

Some of you know that Mike & I are Youth leaders
for the first time this year. It is definitely something
we felt God calling us to do, so we jumped in, trusting
Him that everything would work out. This past week-
end we had the opportunity to go to the annual Youth
Retreat, held at the Grand Traverse Resort in T.C.
We had one of the largest groups there with 20 kids.
We had a really good time. Lots of worship time, fun,
laughter, bowling, eating and NO sleeping was had.
It was good to bond with the kids in this way. However
I did not come home with the spiritual high that I had
set myself up for and I was dissapointed about that.
But...........I speak too soon. Last night our Youth group
met for 1 of our monthy sessions and it was the most awesome
meeting we have had yet with these kids. I seriously had
goosebumps the whole time. They just opened up more
than they have in the past and us as leaders were so
proud to see how strong they are in their faith! After
they all left for the night, this is when I experienced my
Spiritual High!!!! I STILL had goosebumps and was
praising God for these kids and what they do for MY faith!!
I'd like to ask you to pray for them, it is so scary what
they face everyday and all the pressures they have to
put up with. Pray they keep satan where he is supposed
to be-------------squashed under their foot!!!!
Here are a few pics of our fun weekend!!


Nate caught chowin his pizza!


Cards are always a must!!


Nathan during one of the games trying to blow a bubble!


Our main meeting room--there were about 100 kids present.


Mike, Gabriel & Nathan reading THE BOOK!


3 of the sweeties we had in our room--Abby,Kelly & Brooke


Mike and Rich enjoying pool time :)

0 comments: