Ok, so I know parenting wasn't going to be a breeze or anything but there is honestly nothing to prepare you for how hard parenting really is. I always find myself wondering if I made the right decision in this instance or if I wasn't hard enough on her in that instance. How do you know???????? Mabel has really been testing Mike and I lately. She is one stubborn, STRONG-WILLED little girl. Quite the personality in that little peanut but oh can she make mami mad!!!!!!! Today was a "I'm gonna get mom's blood boilin" kinda day for Mabel......and I'm ashamed to admit it, but she did!!! She was being really naughty, screaming at me, sassing me, stomping her foot at me------you name it, she was doin it. So I decided to do something I have never done before w/ any of my kids..........I poured a tsp. of baking soda in her mouth. I am afraid to use soap so I thought well, I'll go with baking soda b/c it will not harm her and it's very, VERY salty and yucky by
itself. She knew mami was not fooling around after she stopped spitting, gagging, and crying. She said she was sorry and we went over all the things she did that were not ok and she was a little angel the rest of the night! So........I'm sure some parents would not agree with this kind of discipline, but I WILL continue to use it for as long as it works. I don't see anything wrong with it when other techniques aren't working and I feel it gets the point across rather quick like :) Oh I love being a mami but there are days I just really need an hour to myself---------ya know what I mean??? No, I thank God several times a day for my 4 beautiful children!They are truly miracles---each and every one!!



6 comments:
Loved your post. Welcome to being a parent.
Don't worry Sue!! I had soap a time or two also!!! Except it was Grandpa and Grandma that gave it to me!! :D If you ever want an afternoon or a Saturday to yourself let me know! I am usually home on the weekends doing nothing!!!
--Cousin Kait
KAIT-----YOU ARE A GEM!!
I'LL KEEP YOU YOU MIND--THANKS!!
Hang in there Sue! I hate to tell you but she is the spitting image of Kait - only Kait would scream ALL night long - we'd just let her go. Then she turned sassy and snotty during the day (only we were at work and Gma & Gpa had to deal with her) - don't be too hard on Mabel - she's just vying for your attention - they actually do outgrow it - at least Kait has - we're still working on John! You'll make it! Kris
No advice here...I'm just soaking this all in and taking notes for future reference! ;) I have to say that this post sure puts a new perspective on that that adorable pic of Mabel! :)
Girl, we are all human. I personally make Logan and Hayden brush their teeth with anti-bacterial soap....just a dot. I saw that on Dr. Phil, and boy does it work.... Don't you wish we could get a sitter and meet somewhere in between our states??? OR, we could just be back beside that pool at the Marriott WITHOUT the kids....OH, but then I would have to lay out by you in that bikini!!!! ;)
Post a Comment