







Last week we had an eventful day at our house. In the morning Mabel, Cam and Maggie were playing outside. Mabel spotted a snake in the stones behind our house and my brave little 4 year old Maggie caught it. I was soooo proud! (Don't worry we have had lots of talks about the certian snakes we can pick up and cannot--we mostly have garder's around here anyway) Well I was in the house and they came running in, with snake in hand, to show me! After pictures, I quickly usherd them out side--daddy would move out if a snake was loose in the house--lol!! I was surprised to see how big it was--I was impressed Maggie would try to pick up one this size. She held it for about 10 minutes and I tried to get Cam my nephew to hold it--he RAN!!! lol!!Too fun----I love living in the country!!!!!
Later on that day, Mabel came running in the house and said "mom, I see a turtle"
At first I blew her off cause she like to tell stories but she insisted so I followed her outside and sure enough, there was a good sized turtle in our drive way right in front of our garage. I rounded up the girls (Eli was sleeping) to show them--they were sooo excited! We watched it for a bit and touched it's shell then mommy put it in a bucket and we brought it down to our pond where Madelyn let it go. My dad will probably correct me but I think this is a boxer turtle. This is the LIFE!!!!!!
I love it that my kids are experiencing these wildlife sightings and that they can grow up to appreciate and love the animals I grew up playing with and loving. Thank you Lord for placing us in your beautiful woods and country side!!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
My girls: The next Steve Irwin's
Posted by Mami Sue at 5:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Yes, that is a day I will probably never forget Maggie Jean! Cool turtle!
Love Aunt Sal
Wow! Cool animals! I love that your girls are so at ease with wildlife too. My girls can't wait for the toads and frogs to return when it gets warmer here. ;) I think I would have been a bit freaked out by the snake, but they mostly just startle me when I'm not expecting to see them in the grass. That one looks pretty friendly. My Mia tried to pick up a HUGE bull snake last year when we were hiking and I about passed out! LOL! I LOVE the turtle! How nice that you let him go in the pond. :) Hope to see more critters soon and have fun girls!!!
What fun pics of your girls, Sue! It's so awesome that they enjoy and appreciate interacting with God's creations and that you share that love with them. Some of my fav moments with J are when we are bird/animal watching...he is just fascinated and is always looking for "buh's" (birds)! Can't wait for him to have his first turtle encounter! I've missed "talking" to you...hope you are doing well. Love ya...
Wow! Great pictures Sue! :) Your girls have no fear! I think Kaden wants to come out and play at your house! The turtle and snake look fun! :-D
Post a Comment