Many of you know where we live but for my blogger
friends who do not let me tell you a little about our
town. It is very small but it has an amazing attraction;
one I take for granted b/c I grew up here and it's just
always been there. We have a dam. It is gorgeous and
only about 3 miles from where we live now and just a
block away from the house I grew up in. It is so beautiful,
the water fall is amazing & there is a gorgeous covered
bridge over the falls to get to the other side. It makes a
great swimmin hole and good fishin. We have gotten so
much rain lately that the dam is just roaring so we took
the kids down there last weekend with my parents and
bro and sis-in-law. Across the bridge and down a trail
is the spill way--it's where the water flows thru when the
pond gets too high. We walked back there and found our-
selves wading in very swift but warm water. Here are some
pics of our fun.........




Wednesday, June 18, 2008
The Spill Way
Posted by Mami Sue at 2:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What great fun! Mind if I pack some things and meet you at the swimmin' hole?
You look great, and the pics of all your kids are sooooo adorable....I LOVE the one in the sidebar w/ them posing in front of the clematis (I think that's what it is)...too too cute!
How much fun is that??!! Isn't it funny how we take for granted the treasures we have in our own "backyard". LOVE the pics of the kiddos....such a beautiful crew!!!
Chad discovered the Falmouth dam last year while doing some work in the Falmouth area. He took us to see it after the 4th of July parade in Lake City. The kids loved it. We were surprised that neither of us had known it was there before.
It looks like you and the kids enjoyed yourself. It would be great to have such a nice area so close to home to appreciate.
Post a Comment